Instructions for Authors
UK Plant Phenomics 2023 welcomes contributions on any aspect of plant phenotyping, including but not limited to
- Phenotyping tools, methods and facilities
- Management and analysis of phenotyping data
- Successful applications of and challenges facing phenotyping technologies
- Building a plant and crop phenotyping infrastructure
Two forms of submission are invited.
1. Oral and Poster presentations
Extended abstracts are invited describing work to be presented orally or as posters at UK Plant Phenomics 2023. Abstracts should be no more than 2 pages long, and follow a regular paper structure including an introduction, a description of the work undertaken, results obtained and a conclusion. The extended abstracts of papers presented at the conference will be made available afterwards via the phenomuk.org website.
2. Satellite meeting proposals
The UK phenotyping community is naturally multidisciplinary and comprises colleagues with a wide variety of backgrounds, roles, interests and concerns. PhenomUK and the UK Phenomics Conference aim to be inclusive of all and provide a platform for sub-groups within the community to come together, discuss and formulate ideas.
We anticipate satellite meetings to be approximately 1 hour in duration, but have no expectation of format or content. Proposals for satellite meetings should be no longer than 2 pages in length and provide:
- The title of the meeting
- Target audience and estimated number of attendees
- Background and Motivation
- An outline of the meeting format
- Any possible or expected outcomes.
Paper submission is via Microsoft Conference Management Toolkit (CMT). Submission requires registration as a user with CMT, and completion of a short form requesting author details, title, nature of submission and broad topic of the paper. This is followed by upload of a single PDF or word file.
To make a submission:
- Go to https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/PhenomUK2023/ and, if you do not have one already, create an account.
- Select “Author” as your role from the light blue toolbar at the top of the screen. This will take you to the Author console which allows you to see, add, edit and delete your submissions.
- Click on “+ Create a new submission”
- Enter the paper title
- Enter the email addresses of any co-authors you wish to be informed of progress, etc. If the co-authors have a CMT account their details will recovered, if not you will be prompted to provide name and affiliation.
- Select one of the tick boxes under ‘Subject Area’ specifying the nature of your submission. These will allow you to choose the broad subject area (or ‘Other’) for academic papers, or label your submission as a meeting proposal.
- Drag your paper into the File area or click “Upload from Computer” to provide your extended abstract.
- If you have submitted an academic paper choose “oral” or “poster” presentation from the first “Additional question” and if necessary provide 2-3 keywords describing its topic in the second.
- Click “Submit”.
- You will be prompted to add any conflicts of interest with potential reviewers (the PhenomUK Delivery Team), feel free to do so if you wish, otherwise simply click ‘Done’.
- Your paper will then appear on your Author console.
If you have any problems or questions please contact email@example.com.
Deadline for submission is 28th July at 12 noon.
Submissions will be reviewed by the PhenomUK Delivery Team and authors notified by August 4th 2023.