University of Nottingham Open
State of the art plant phenomics facilities at the cellular, whole plant and field scale, combined with cutting edge image analysis.
- The Hounsfield Facility: X-ray CT, Laser Ablation Tomography (LAT) & multispectral canopy phenotyping
- IR, RGB, thermal, hyperspectral imaging robotic platforms
- Chlorophyll fluorescence imaging in field, or under controlled gas/temperature conditions
- 1100-acre research farm, controlled environment (CE) spaces and research glasshouses
- Phenomics MakerSpace
- Computer Vision Laboratory
Our research covers aspects of plant science and phenomics at the molecular to whole field scale. This, combined with state-of-the-art image analysis and AI research in the Computer Vision Lab, is delivered using numerous high-throughput phenomics platforms across multiple scales of plant biology.
The Hounsfield Facility studies root-soil interactions using µCT, root anatomy via LAT, and canopy traits by automated multispectral 3D scanning. Seedling root system architecture is phenotyped in CE rooms & mature plants via glasshouse based rhizotrons & the Hounsfield Facility.
For further information please go to:
Dr. Darren Wells
Computer vision contact:
Prof Tony Pridmore